IVF is a successful procedure for giving hope to the female who wants to become mothers. The infertility treatment is very popular among the people in Jaipur. They seek IVF experts consultation to cure their infertility issues.
Jaipur is a new hub for IVf treatment in Rajasthan,India. Many couples from all around the country visit here in hope to embrace motherhood. Mishka IVF center in Jaipur is one of the leading clinics for infertility treatment. Dr Ruchi Bhandari the IVF specialist doctor is referred by many because of her high success rate, affordable cost and high end services. She is even highly rated and ranked on various websites for her services.
Fertilization takes place in the petri dish in the lab in the IVF treatment, but, this is a commonly known fact that a fertilized embryo is not a sign of a pregnancy as, for the pregnancy to take place, embryo needs to stick to the uterus and placenta needs to be formed.
For this procedure Laser assisted hatching is required. Mishka IVF provides the best laboratories, keen monitoring and expert assistance to undergo the laser assisted hatching during IVF treatment. With their best medical and expert assistance they give a high success rate on IVF treatment.
Researches state that upto 85% of the embryos do not attach to the uterus. There are many theories that state the reasons behind this. One of the theories states that embryos didn’t hatch the way they should. This might occur due to the naturally present hard shell or the artificial environment in which the embryo has been kept and has kept the embryo from hatching.
Let’s know what our expert has to say about Laser Hatching
Laser Assisted Hatching is a process that allows the embryo to hatch and develop so as to increase the chances of it’s attachment to the endometrium and thus, pregnancy.
Laser Assisted Hatching IVF Treatment Procedure
This procedure makes use of laser beams on the outer shell of the embryo to help in its hatching. Colored beams of light are used to mark the targeted area by the laser beam. Though the effects of the laser beam are visible, the laser beam itself is invisible.
The shell of the embryo makes use of the energy of the laser beam to dissolve. For the creation of a complete gap in the shell, the laser is throbbed thrice.
Various variations are introduced in the procedure depending on the factors like spot size, power settings and the technique. In this technique, hatching takes place without harming the embryo for a successful conception.
Laser Assisted Hatching IVF Technique
Why laser is quite common than other methods of hatching
There are various Hatching procedures but, hatching using a laser is a better, faster, safer and easier process specially if you consider the increment in the chances of conception.
Women who are 37 and older in age can boost their chances of conception by utilizing assisted hatching with a laser. When a woman is not able to get pregnant through the IVF process a laser assisted hatching can be used on patients. . Even those patients whose natural egg shell is super thick benefit from Laser Assisted Hatching as it doesn’t harm the embryo.
Laser Assisted Hatching is specifically hopeful in cases of prior failed IVF cycles.
Due to the above reasons, Laser assisted hatching is preferred anyday over any other methods of assisted hatching.
Laser Assisted Hatching Risks and Probable Benefits
Laser Assisted Hatching Risks
Interferences in the natural processes involve some risks.
- Though doesn’t usually happen, a possible risk to the embryo in laser assisted hatching can be fatal damage to the embryo. This can take place before the embryo transfer or after the procedure. In each of the two cases, conception will not take place.
- Laser Assisted Hatching can backfire and the embryo might fail to fully develop from the naturally produced shell known as Zona Pellucida.
- Laser Assisted Hatching can result in twinning, especially the monozygotic twins. Monozygotic twins result from one egg and one sperm and are identical twins.An IVF treatment results in an increased chances of twins but Laser Assisted Hatching increases those chances even more. Though all multiple pregnancies carry risk, risk in carrying identical twins is even more. These risks and complications develop less than a percent.
- Some people are curious to know whether Laser Assisted Hatching increases the chances of congenital abnormality. A huge study was conducted on embryos utilizing laser assisted hatching as well as IVF cycles not utilising Laser Assisted Hatching to understand the risk of the same. The results indicated that the risk was more or less the same in both cases.
Who Might Benefit From Laser Assisted Hatching IVF Treatment?
Studies have proven that laser assisted hatching can boost the chances of clinical pregnancy in patients who:
- Have experienced more than 2 failed IVF cycles
- Have poor quality embryos
- Are more than 38 yrs of age.
Laser Assisted Hatching was thought to benefit patients utilizing frozen embryo transfer cycles, but this might not be correct. In a study it has been seen that Laser Assisted Hatching in a frozen embryo cycle might create chances of decreasing the chance of live birth.
Laser Assisted Hatching IVF treatment Success rates
The success rates in laser assisted hatching depends on various factors. Some of them are:
- The nature of the embryo (thickness of the shell)
- The age of the patient
- The experience of the embryologist
- The infertility center selected as, each of them work as per their own efficiency.
- Expertise utilized during the procedure
Laser Assisted Hatching Controversies:
The Laser Assisted Hatching procedure is a manipulation technique which has its pros and cons. Documents tell us that many couples have had successful conceptions through Laser Assisted Hatching but this cannot be said for all the couples who underwent the procedure. Some of the reasons of failed conception include:
- Embryos and embryonic cell damage
The use of laser beam in assisted hatching as well as the acid Tyrode’s solution in hatching does not give much safety even though it’s described commonly as a safe procedure. These have left embryos in a damaged state thereby decreasing the chances of implantation.
- Live Birth Success Rates Vs. assisted laser hatching success rate
Studies state that chances of attachment as well as that of pregnancy have increased with the utilization of Laser Assisted Hatching. Though the proof of boost in success rates of live births is not very strong. This fact must be kept in mind before opting for the procedure.
When is Laser Assisted Hatching recommended?
As of date, Laser Assisted Hatching in India has proven to be an successful door to the couple’s dream of a beautiful baby. Couples nowadays try to go for IVF Treatment in their first IVF cycle itself.
Other than this, fertility experts might suggest Laser Assisted Hatching for the following reasons:
Studies have proven that females older than 36 years of age produce thicker zona pellucida than those who are less than 36 yrs of age. A thicker Zona Pellucida means that embryos cannot hatch easily for attaching to the endometrium.
- Previously failed IVF treatments
As per the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM),”laser assisted hatching is helpful to those females who have suffered through two unsuccessful IVF cycles. This technique helps in easy hatching of the embryo so that it can attach to the uterus.”
- Women with a high level of FSH.
The levels of Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) in a female’s body determines her fertility level.
- Low levels of FSH indicate a good fertility status of the female
- Fluctuating FSH levels are a danger to the conception of the female.
- High FSH levels mean there might be complications in the pregnancy of the female.
IVF utilises laser assisted hatching to diminish the chances of failure in implantation.
- Frozen Embryo Transfer
Frozen embryos have even harder zona pellucida that makes hatching all the more difficult. Laser Assisted Hatching helps in such cases as, the chances of embryo implantation increase as, the embryo gets some room to escape from the zona pellucida.
In this era of stress where work takes priority, we often tend to forget that we need time for ourselves too. Infertility is proving to be a major problem taking the epidemic proportions because of the lifestyle mainly. Many treatments are available nowadays targeted towards infertility. One such treatment is IVF. The couple going to the infertility clinics should keep in mind that the doctor knows how best to go about the treatments. Thus, advice from the doctor as to what treatment the couple must undergo is very important thereby improving the chances of conception. Here at Mishka IVF, we provide the best solution to the infertility problems and we do not recommend more invasive procedures unless very necessary.